Irvine, CA —
For some time, Carl McLarand and Rick Emsiek have explored a variety of ideas and approaches to the creation of a sustainable future for MVE + Partners, Inc., as well as passing the leadership and eventually the ownership, of MVE to the next generation in a manner that is viable for both the firm and its clients. It is in this spirit that MVE is pleased to announce the formation of such a program.
Carl McLarand, AIA, NCARB will remain the Chairman & CEO of the firm, while Rick Emsiek, AIA, NCARB has decided to step down as President of MVE + Partners, after serving at the helf for 13 years. Rick will remain a member of the MVE Board of Directors, and maintain consulting and business development roles, continuing the relationships he has forged and maintained over the 33 years and counting he has been with the firm.
On the heels of this change emerges exciting executive movement that will honor MVE’s legacy, while bringing fresh energy and perspective to continue the firms success. MVE is proud to announce the following appointments:
- Matthew McLarand, AIA, NCARB will assume the role of President and Director of Design for the firm, and will serve on the Board of Directors.
- David Woodruff, CPA, MBA will be promoted to Chief Financial Officer and Secretary, and will serve on the Board of Directors.
- Kenneth Nilmeier will serve on the Board of Directors and remain Principal and Director of Planning.
- Megan Karasch, Esq. will be Chief Legal Counsel.
- Luis Arambula, AIA will be Vice President of Architecture.
- Mark Kim, AIA, LEED AP BD+C will be Director of Architecture.
- Sherwin Pineda, AIA will be Director of Design for MVE’s Los Angeles office.
- Michael Spivak will serve as Director of Operations.
All appointments will come into effect on December 31, 2017.
The timing is excellent for this transition of leadership. MVE has a significant backlog of work and the team has put operational controls in place over a number of years that will continue to provide stability to the incoming administration. In addition, MVE successfully opened and stabilized an office in Los Angeles to accommodate a growing demand for architecture, design, and planning services in that region.
The overall firm and quality of MVE’s work product has never been better. Please visit the MVE + Partners website to see the nature and character of the firm’s current work product.